1. All perspective bidders should register either online or in person before the auction or lot they wish to bid on begins. Failure to do so will may invalidate any bids placed by that bidder and the auctioneer may not accept them or does so at his discretion.
2. Vehicles are sold with the displayed registration number unless otherwise stated in the catalogue or online description. It is the responsibility of the seller to remove and obtain a current V5c registration document for the car prior to being offered for sale. LBVA may assist but are not obligated too.
3. The Auctioneer will execute bids on behalf of absentee bidders when instructed to do so by the registered parties using the absentee bidder form. Bids will be accepted online, by telephone and in the room, and will be sold to the highest bid.
4. The auctioneer will start and proceed the auction at a price he/she decides and will take bid increments at their discretion. The auctioneer can refuse to accept bids and offer lots for auction again if required.
5. Alterations to descriptions and estimates may be made prior to sale and will be either added as an insert to catalogues, displayed on or near the lots or verbally by the auctioneer. Please be aware and listen for any such announcements. LBVA take no responsibility for wrong descriptions or information supplied by the seller or on there behalf. It is recommended that any research as to value, condition, history or Provenance is carried out buy the buyer before bidding.
6. Pictures/photographs, illustrations contained in the catalogue are for identification purposes only and may not reflect the colour or condition of a lot.
7. The details in the Catalogue about each Lot and the description printed in the Catalogue is from information supplied by the seller, LBVA is not responsible for any discrepancies or inconsistencies.
8. LBVA reserve the right to sell any vehicle left on the site for the reserve price entered in the sale without consulting the vendor. All auction terms and conditions and commissions will apply.
9. LBVA reserve the right not to accept bids and are not responsible for any missed bids, via telephone, in the room or online.
1. Buyers will be subject to 10% buyers fee of the final drop of the hammer. Online bids are subject to an extra 1%. Commission bids \ absentee bids are charged at the standard rate.
2. Lot payments are to be made within 3 days and lots will not be released until payments are cleared. Payments are accepted by bank transfer, debit cards and credit cards and cash up to £5000 (fees may apply) payment is to be made in pounds sterling
3. Vehicles not collected will be moved from the site in 48 hrs to another facility for storage. Pick up rate £125 +VAT / £15 per day +VAT
4. All lots are “sold as” or “where is” with all faults and imperfections. LBVA will not be held responsible for the condition, roadworthiness, age, provenance, value or history. It is the buyers’ responsibility to obtain specialist help to decide these matters before bidding. Any conversation had with any LBVA employee or representative is only to be taken as an opinion not advice. LBVA work on behalf of the seller and not the buyer with a duty to obtain the highest price possible.
1. Photographs and illustrations submitted by sellers for the purpose of the catalogue or online are for use by LBVA with indemnity against copyright infringement. LBVA are also permitted to photograph and illustrate as required in conjunction with or separate from the auction.
2. Entry of vehicles will be charged at £175+VAT motor vehicles and £100+VAT motorcycles and memorabilia at an agreed rate.
3. The seller will be charged at 5% of the final hammer price on all lots if the vehicle is to make reserve. Any other expenses incurred will be charged at the time of releasing funds which can take up to 14 days from the day of sale.
4. If a lot fails to meet its reserve and sell during the auction LBVA retain the right to sell and will try to agree a sale between the seller and buyer. The vehicle will be sold under the auction terms and conditions and LBVA retain the right to sell for up to 14 days.
5. The seller is responsible for delivering lots in a saleable condition and should cleaning and preparation works be required prior to auction these will be charged to the seller.
The seller warrants to LBVA and the buyer
1. The seller owns or is authorised by the owner to sell the lot and its free from any encumbrances and claims. That there is no outstanding finance or taxes that may affect the sale. If the vehicle is subject to any owed finance, it is settled prior to the sale.
2. The lot submitted and described in the catalogue is to the accurate to the best of the sellers’ knowledge and is in no way meant to be misleading.
3. The seller will make LBVA aware of any alterations required to the description, authenticity, provenance or condition of the lot prior to the auction. Any concerns by third parties should be raised in writing with LBVA.
4. If the seller is in breach of any obligations made under the terms, they will fully compensate LBVA and the buyer for losses, expenses and any other costs incurred.
5. The lot will not be advertised or sold by the owner 21 days prior to the auction date of which the lot is to be marketed and put on sale.
6. If no reserve is placed on a lot LBVA are not responsible for the final sale price if lower than the estimate. If a reserve has been placed LBVA reserve the right to sell the lot for under the reserve price and will return the seller the agreed reserve price sale proceeds.
a. When the hammer falls the responsibility to ensure the lot will automatically change from seller to buyer, please be aware of this as ownership and registration will change one cleared
b. LBVA are not to be held responsible for damages caused to lots unless due to negligence by a LBVA employee while carrying out duties. Any damage or losses of the lot will be compensated by the seller to LBVA in relation to claims or proceedings bought against LBVA
c. LBVA are not to be held responsible for damages caused by lots unless due to negligence by a LBVA employee while carrying out duties. Any damage or losses caused by the lot due to the sellers’ negligence will be compensated by the seller to LBVA in relation to claims or proceedings bought against LBVA
d. Buyers are responsible for the lot from the fall of the hammer and it’s their duty to insure, pay and remove lots from the premises. It is the buyers’ duty to check that the vehicle is road worthy, safe and has any need test certificates, insurance and road fund licences in place. Opinions of LBVA employees are only to be taken as that and it’s the buyers’ responsibility.
e. Any damage or interference with any lots by any persons, before during or after the auction will be held liable for any losses caused.
f. LBVA are not held responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage sustained to any person or property while on LBVA site, warehouses, grounds or any location affiliated with LBVA. Unless cause by negligence by a LBVA employee while working for LBVA.
1. If no payment is made and lots are not collected the LBVA Will be entitled to execute one or more of the following remedies
2. If a lot is unpaid for in 14 days, then LBVA reserve the right without prejudice to re sell the lot at a lower reserve and the original buyer will be responsible for any deficiency in sale price and costs incurred.
3. The lot maybe moved to other premises and stored at the buyers’ expense
4. To appoint a solicitor to act on behalf of LBVA and the seller and issue proceedings to cover any costs and losses incurred due to non- payment and collection. The seller will authorise LBVA to act on their behalf and any to issue or instruct legal support.
5. Should the buyer purchase more than one lot LBVA hold the right to not release any lots purchased paid for or not until all outstanding funds have been cleared. A charge maybe held against any paid for lots.
6. LBVA may in the event of dispute may choose to purchase the lot from the seller at the same or reduced hammer price. The buyer may still be held liable for any lost commission and costs/ losses incurred. Property of the lot will pass to LBVA and the seller will receive payment in 14days.
7. Interest/storage/pick up/delivery and other costs may all be charged and LBVA will inform the buyer and contact them in writing.
1. The seller will need to notify LBVA of any lots being removed from the sale in writing before 14days of the sale.
2. The seller will be liable for any costs and losses incurred by LBVA and the entry fee not returned.
3. The lot maybe subject to the owed commission at the reserve price or with any absentee bids received that exceed the reserve.
4. Collection and removal of the lot will be the responsibility of the seller and lots left after breaking the terms of sale will be charged after 48hours.
5. The withdrawal of lots can be discussed and arranged with LBVA and an alternative arrangement at LBVAs discretion maybe made in writing
1. Information gathered by LBVA is purely confidential and will not be passed on to third parties except where needed to complete purchase or sales transaction.
2. LBVA will use information to contact you to notify of up and coming sales and special offers.
3. LBVA reserve the right to pass information on to legal teams, government authorities and courts should a dispute arise or be requested under any investigation.